Fergie’s Café, one of the most popular destinations on the scenic Sea-to-Sky Highway, is looking for an experienced Assistant Restaurant Manager to help lead our team. This family-owned institution is known for its funky indoor and stunning outdoor dining, wholesome food and drink, and unwavering hospitality.
It’s an amazing opportunity for an experienced, innovative professional to join our management team. If you are passionate about exceptional customer service, motivated by leading a large team, and inspired by delicious, locally-sourced fare, then we want to meet you!
A stunning, sustainably designed new building, a riverside setting, panoramic mountain views, Fergie’s Cafe has seating for 50 customers indoors, a 50-seat outdoor heated patio and deck, and outdoor seating for over 200. Dishes focus on local, seasonal produce and house-smoked items, complemented by a selection of espresso drinks, craft beers, cocktails and BC wines from small boutique wineries.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Restaurant Manager, the Assistant Restaurant Manager helps ensure the business operates at its highest efficiency and profitability, whilst delivering exceptional customer service. This hands-on role requires an individual with the energy and experience to hit the ground running to:
- Promote and foster a healthy work environment and a culture of open communication, trust and collaboration
- Lead by example, ensuring our team consistently strives to exceed customer expectations, and maintains exceptional standards of professionalism and hospitality
- Utilize effective leadership skills to train, mentor and develop an adaptable, loyal and hard working, cross-trained team
- Manage staffing levels to ensure customer service, financial goals and operational needs are consistently achieved
- Lead performance management, motivating team members by providing open, honest and constructive feedback, recognition where earned, and termination where needed, in accordance with BC Employment Standards Act
- Oversee daily cash outs, program POS systems, ensure timely and effective ordering and inventory management
- Adhere to our high environmental policies, social responsibilities, and sustainable practices in accordance with our Green Tourism Canada Gold Award.
Required Experience & Qualifications
The successful candidate will need to have a wide range of restaurant management expertise:
- Minimum 1 years’ management experience leading a large team in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to solve problems on the fly, get your hands dirty, jump in wherever needed and remain calm and professional under pressure!
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, as well as time-management and organizational strengths
- Confident managing daily flow of traffic to ensure an exceptional guest experience and smooth service delivery
- A positive, encouraging, ‘can-do’ mentality, with an empowering management approach
- Conflict resolution skills, with the ability to relate to all levels of staff, management, guests and suppliers
- Strong knowledge of, and experience with restaurant POS systems, excel, word, social media
- Corporate experience an asset
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and to run up and down many stairs!
- Full-time position, can be year-round or seasonal. Must be flexibility to work weekends, nights and holidays
- Applicants must have Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or a valid work permit.
- Competitive wage
- Great Tips!
- Flexible daytime schedule
- Extended health care and dental benefits
- Paid vacation
- Discounted stay for family at our Sunwolf Riverside Resort cabins
- Fun and positive working environment
- A stunning riverside setting
- Dedicated and highly supportive management team