Fergie’s Cafe is looking for Dishwashers
If you’re energetic, like to hustle, and enjoy being a vital member of a team, we’d love to have you join as Dishwasher!
About Fergie’s Cafe:
In past years we’ve had people from Washington state drive up just for our eggs benny – that’s a serious testament to the quality of the food and service that we provide.
The restaurant is located at Sunwolf Riverside Resort: a beautiful forested 5.5-acre property at the confluence of the Cheekye and Cheakamus Rivers. We host weddings all summer, catered exclusively by Fergie’s, as well as corporate events in the off-season.
Fergie’s Cafe is a cornerstone of the Sea To Sky brunch scene. We pride ourselves on creating a memorable experience for our guests as sustainably as we can – and that starts with a good team. Want to be a part of it?
You will have:
- A positive, self-motivated ‘make it happen’ attitude
- Culinary training and experience an asset
- Food Safe Certification an asset
- Proficient written and spoken English communication skills in order to effectively interact with team members in a busy kitchen environment
- Ability to work a variety of daytime shifts across 7-day opening hours, days, evenings and weekends
We will provide:
- Long term employment
- The opportunity to grow develop your skills from our chef/management team
- Competitive wages
- Extended Health and Dental Benefits package
- Bi-weekly tip out
- We also dedicate ourselves to providing all staff with a safe and healthy working environment, committed to equality and fairness.
Dishwasher Roles & Responsibilities
- Clean and sanitize equipment, utensils and dishes, following correct dishwashing instructions
- Maintain cleanliness of dish storage, cooking, and prepping areas
- Keep food storage areas organized and clean
- Keep dish area organized and clean
- Wash dish items in order of importance and by direction of the front and back of house
- Sweep and mop all areas of the kitchen daily
- Help with receiving and putting away deliveries correctly
- Take out recycling, trash and compost during day as needed and at end of day
- Help with light food preparation work; i.e. chopping vegetables, washing fresh produce, portioning food items in accordance to chefs’ specifications
- Perform other kitchen duties and culinary tasks as assigned
Fergie’s Cafe values diversity and inclusion, and encourages all qualified people to apply. We encourage and work with programs to employ people with barriers to employment. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.